Recognizing that direct lending programs represent another tool with which to help implement economic development, several Illinois regional councils have established Revolving Loan Funds to provide money for business expansion and new job creation.
These programs represent an important source of capital. Generally, loans are made in partnership with government agencies, financial institutions and other private lenders when conventional loan terms may undermine the feasibility of the project. Lending programs administered by regional councils generally offer borrowers lower interest rates, long-term fixed rate financing, lower down payment requirements and enhanced private lender risk.
To learn more about available revolving loan programs visit:
• Bi-State Regional Commission
• Champaign County Regional Planning Commission
• Greater Egypt Revolving Loan Fund
• Greater Wabash Regional Planning Commission
• Southeastern Illinois Regional Planning and Development Commission
• Two Rivers Regional Council of Public Officials