Securing grant and loan assistance for community projects and programs is another primary service provided by regional councils. The range of services goes significantly beyond writing a grant application.
As facilitators, regional councils advise local governments on the type of projects to undertake, research the current availability of funds, provide statistical data to the applicant, act as advocates, synchronize funding from multiple sources, provide liaison with funding agencies and often administer the project funds after grants are awarded including compliance reporting. These services are especially useful for smaller communities that do not have the internal capacity to research funding, prepare applications and administer grants.
Grant management services are provided by:
• Bi-State Regional Commission
• Blackhawk Hills Regional Council
• Coles County Regional Planning and Development Commission
• Greater Egypt Regional Planning and Development Commission
• Greater Wabash Regional Planning Commission
• Morgan County Regional Planning Commission
• North Central Illinois Council of Governments
• South Central Illinois Regional Planning and Development Commission
• Southeastern Illinois Regional Planning and Development Commission
• Southern Five Regional Planning District and Development Commission
• Southwestern Illinois Metro and Regional Planning Commission
• Tri-County Regional Planning Commission
• Two Rivers Regional Council of Public Officials
• West Central Development Council, Inc.
• Western Illinois Regional Council